Re: [HACKERS] cursor access doesn't work anmore

От Peter T Mount
Тема Re: [HACKERS] cursor access doesn't work anmore
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 13 Feb 1998, Mattias Kregert wrote:

> Shouldn't PG_VERSION be changed every time something changes in the
> database file formats?
>
> It is now set to 6.3, but should probably be 6.3.<something>
>
> As I understand it, this is the place where the backend can look and
> decide if it can access the files or not.

I would have thought so, yes. However, not until 6.3 is released. Until
then, the files can change often.

Remember, were in beta. If we changed it before release, then we would get
questions like "Why does PG_VERSION show 6.3.9 when I'm running 6.3?"

I think the only time this should change is between public
releases/subreleases.

--
Peter T Mount  petermount@earthling.net or pmount@maidast.demon.co.uk
Main Homepage: http://www.demon.co.uk/finder