RE: [Bug fix]There is the case archive_timeout parameter is ignoredafter recovery works.

От higuchi.daisuke@fujitsu.com
Тема RE: [Bug fix]There is the case archive_timeout parameter is ignoredafter recovery works.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Thank you for comments.

>Unfortunately the diff command in your test script doesn't show me
>anything, but I can understand what you are thinking is a problem,
>maybe.

I'm sorry but I might have confused you... I explain how to use my test script.
I use diff command to check if the archiver has started. diff command does not output nothing to stdout.
So, please see the time displayed by the two date command by output of my test script.
I think you can confirm that the difference between the results of date commands is not the archive_timeout setting of
10seconds.
If my test script runs for a few minutes, it means that my problem is reproduced.

>immediately independently from checkpointer. The parameter, as
>described in documentation, forces the server to switch to a new WAL
>segment file periodically so that it can be archived, that is, it
>works only on primary.

I confirm that this problem is occurred in non-replication environment.
The problem occurs when database try to archive WAL during or after archive recovery.
So your patch may be good to solve another problem, but unfortunately it didn't fix my problem.

Regards,
Daisuke, Higuchi