Re: Reading recommendations

От Richard_D_Levine@raytheon.com
Тема Re: Reading recommendations
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
It was very challenging.  I worked on the credit window sizing and
retransmission timer estimation algorithms.  We took into account weather
patterns, size and age of the bird, feeding times, and the average number
of times a bird circles before determining magnetic north.  Interestingly,
packet size had little effect in the final algorithms.

pgsql-performance-owner@postgresql.org wrote on 03/30/2005 11:52:13 AM:

> Mohan, Ross wrote:
> > VOIP over BitTorrent?
>
> Now *that* I want to see.  Aught to be at least as interesting
> as the "TCP/IP over carrier pigeon" experiment - and more
> challenging to boot!

It was very challenging.  I worked on the credit window sizing and
retransmission timer estimation algorithms.  We took into account weather
patterns, size and age of the bird, feeding times, and the average number
of times a bird circles before determining magnetic north.  Interestingly,
packet size had little effect in the final algorithms.

I would love to share them with all of you, but they're classified.