RE: apache .htaccess / postgresql module

От Francis Solomon
Тема RE: apache .htaccess / postgresql module
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi George,

The module you're after is called mod_auth_pgsql and you can find it by
looking at http://modules.apache.org/search?id=75 or alternatively by
going direct to the
distribution site at ftp://ftp.eurolink.it/pub/linux/www/mod_auth_pgsql/

Hope this helps

Francis Solomon

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org
[mailto:pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org]On Behalf Of George Johnson
Sent: 06 December 2000 17:43
To: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: [GENERAL] apache .htaccess / postgresql module

Hello,

I had a question regarding using PostgreSQL as the authorization
database for Apache.  Previously I was using Apache authentication
module for MySQL v2.20 (mod_auth_mysql) and was wondering if there was
an equivalent module for use with PostgreSQL?

I must add I'm really impressed with the responsiveness of the 7.0.3
PostgreSQL under decent load from my java servers.  Replacing my "left
joins" with subselects and keeping the temporary tables (you have to use
them in mysql in a lot of cases), I see quite a number of performance
increases or about-the-same query times.  I'm not a benchmarking type of
guy, just have a feel for "seems slower, seems faster,
seems-about-the-same".  Very cool.  Plus, the original reason I switched
(something very very strange with multiple threads pounding the JDBC
driver and/or transient temporary table collisions corrupting query
constructs and updates) seems all but last week's headache (fingers
crossed).

Thanks,
George
gjohnson@jdsc.com

Сообщение: Re: How To Log User Name + Database?
Сообщение: Re: How To Log User Name + Database?