Re: $ initdb -D /usr/share/postgresql/data

От Henshall, Stuart - Design & Print
Тема Re: $ initdb -D /usr/share/postgresql/data
Дата
Список pgsql-cygwin

pevee wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>>     Following the setup instruction at:-
>>
>>     http://www.ejip.net/faq/postgresql_win_setup_faq.jsp
>>
>>     I am stuck at step 3, when typing $ initdb -D
>>     /usr/share/postgresql/data I have install Postgresql but there
>> is no such /data folder.
>        I am not able to continue with any command afterwards.
>>     Hmmmm, have I miss out a step?
>
>        Do I need to ./configure Postgresql ? Or Cygwin has
> done it for me?
>>
>>     Please advice :)
>>
>> Thank you
>> Calvin

Check /usr/doc/Cygwin/postgresql-7.3.README for more info, but my first thought is do you have the ipc-daemon running?
When you say nothing else works, do you mean initdb just seems to freeze part way and if so at what part? Or does it actually return, and if so with any messages?

- Stuart

DISCLAIMER:The information in this message is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee.  Access to this message by anyone else is unauthorised.  If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, or distribution of the message, or any action or omission taken by you in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.  Please immediately contact the sender if you have received this message in error. Thank you.