Re: PostgreSQL and Cygwin stability as a production db

От Henshall, Stuart - WCP
Тема Re: PostgreSQL and Cygwin stability as a production db
Дата
Список pgsql-cygwin

Sorry to reply to myself, but I just thought to mention that I used rename rather than the link option in xlog.c.
- Stuart

-----Original Message-----
From: Henshall, Stuart - WCP [mailto:SHenshall@westcountrypublications.co.uk]
Sent: 06 June 2002 10:35
To: 'Alan Caudill'; 'pgsql-cygwin@postgresql.org'
Subject: Re: [CYGWIN] PostgreSQL and Cygwin stability as a production db

Hello,
        I run a ~30 users db on PostgreSQL+Cygwin+NT4 on a proliant. The only real problem I have had is that the postmaster doesn't always seem to have enough time to terminate its children during reboot, so you can end up leaving the postmaster.pid file. The major limitations are a 63 Process fork limit and the fact cygwin's fork actually copies memory (plus fiddles some file descriptors) makes connections slower.

hth,
- Stuart