Re: Postgres not starting at boot(FreeBSD) - startup script

От Dave
Тема Re: Postgres not starting at boot(FreeBSD) - startup script
Дата
Список pgsql-general
>> Try this on for size...   recently during a reboot (first in about 3
>months for
>> this particular server) our entire rc.d directory failed to start...
> after some
>> hacking of the rc file to output some helpful debuggin, it was
>apparent that the
>> 010.pgsql.sh script in /usr/local/etc/rc.d was timing out and causing any
>> directives thereafter not to be processed.
>
>have you tried manually doing "pg_ctl restart" to see if any problems
>pop-up? Maybe it is not a script error, but some other issue with the db
>server.

restart works fine...  though I have to press enter to get back to command
prompt

web5# exec su -l pgsql -c 'exec /usr/local/pgsql/bin/pg_ctl restart'
Waiting for postmaster shutting down...done.
postmaster successfully shut down.
postmaster successfully started up.
> DEBUG:  Data Base System is starting up at Sun Mar 10 14:16:47 2002
DEBUG:  Data Base System was shut down at Sun Mar 10 14:16:46 2002
DEBUG:  Data Base System is in production state at Sun Mar 10 14:16:47 2002

perplexed.

Dave

От: Stephan Szabo
Сообщение: Re: Referential Integrity Triggers
От: "Dave"
Сообщение: Re: Postgres not starting at boot(FreeBSD) - startup script