Re: index-only-scan when there is an index on all columns

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: index-only-scan when there is an index on all columns
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Feb 27, 2018 at 2:58 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> Also, I recall discussion that select statements will touch the visibility
> map (hence causing write I/O even in a read-only query) but [1] indicates
> that only vacuum will set them ddl will clear them.

Hm, I don't recall that, but I've not been involved in the last few rounds
of hacking on that mechanism.

​I was confusing hint bits with the visibility map, sorry for the noise and/or confusion.

David J.

Сообщение: Re: index-only-scan when there is an index on all columns
Сообщение: Re: index-only-scan when there is an index on all columns