Re: [HACKERS] POC: Sharing record typmods between backends

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: [HACKERS] POC: Sharing record typmods between backends
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Aug 23, 2017 at 1:46 AM, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> For later commits in the series:
> - Afaict the whole shared tupledesc stuff, as tqueue.c before, is
>   entirely untested. This baffles me. See also [1]. I can force the code
>   to be reached with force_parallel_mode=regress/1, but this absolutely
>   really totally needs to be reached by the default tests. Robert?

force_parallel_mode=regress is a good way of testing this because it
keeps the leader from doing the work, which would likely dodge any
bugs that happened to exist.  If you want to test something in the
regular regression tests, using force_parallel_mode=on is probably a
good way to do it.

Also note that there are 3 buildfarm members that test with
force_parallel_mode=regress on a regular basis, so it's not like there
is no automated coverage of this area.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company