Re: postgres vs. oracle for very large tables

От Graves, John
Тема Re: postgres vs. oracle for very large tables
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, 15 May 2006 16:00:04 -0500, Scott Marlowe wrote:

> 5:  You're gonna need to load test this to see.  You can get
> the oracle 10G express for free.  I think that one handles
> multiple connections, but is limited to 2 gigs of data.

The exact limitations of Oracle Database XE are as follows:

"Any use of the Oracle Database Express Edition is subject to the following limitations;
1. Express Edition is limited to a single instance on any server;
2. Express Edition may be installed on a multiple CPU server, but may only be executed on one processor in any server;
3. Express Edition may only be used to support up to 4GB of user data (not including Express Edition system data);
4. Express Edition may use up to 1 GB RAM of available memory."