Pgadmin 1.14 taking enormous amounts of CPU when SQL button clicked (OSX)

От Doug Easterbrook
Тема Pgadmin 1.14 taking enormous amounts of CPU when SQL button clicked (OSX)
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
hi there:

hoping somebody can assist as it seems that pg-admin has stopped working on my OS-X macbook pro.

I upgraded from postgres 9.0 to 9.1 a week ago and that brings the latest pgadmin.  Everything was fine for the week and even for the majority of this morning.

Then, I decided to remove the old server entry for 9.0 on my preferences (and they wouldn't go away), so then I just threw out the preference file, hoping it would recreate it again (it did).

Now, when I go into pgadmin, all is seemingly well and I can see the servers and view the server stats from the tools menu.  I can back up a database.  I can restore one and create one.  I can run the 'grid' tool to display data for a selected table.  I can edit the pg_hba.conf and postgresql.conf files.

however, when I try to start the 'SQL' window, the process 'syslogd' jumps to 100% of the CPU and pgadmin is permanently hung.    I've tried to reinstall pgadmin to no avail.

When I look at the system log using 'console', I see hundreds of messages generated that look like below that start when I click the 'SQL' button.    It makes me think that perhaps it is trying to parse out the prior list of queries that don't exist any more.

11/5/11 2:27:21 PM [0x0-0x2f02f].org.postgresql.pgadmin[429] Unimplemented block at xmlreader.c:1779
11/5/11 2:27:30 PM [0x0-0x2f02f].org.postgresql.pgadmin[429] *** process 429 exceeded 500 log message per second limit  -  remaining messages this second discarded ***

any ideas.   I'm stuck and prevented from using the query tool in pgadmin untile it is resolve

Doug Easterbrook
Arts Management Systems Ltd.
Phone (403) 536-1205    Fax (403) 536-1210