Re: Explanation of pg_authid.rolpassword

От Josh Kupershmidt
Тема Re: Explanation of pg_authid.rolpassword
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 8:36 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 11:06 PM, Josh Kupershmidt <schmiddy@gmail.com> wrote:
> This seems a bit long-winded to me.  How about just changing the
> column description to something like this:
>
> Either the user's unencrypted password (if the UNENCRYPTED option was
> used when creating the role or if password_encryption is off), or the
> string 'md5' followed by a 32-character hexadecimal md5 hash of the
> user's password.  NULL if no password.

I agree my explanation might have been a tad lengthy. But the md5 hash
is of password plus username, not just password. This does seem to
cause confusion; maybe we could leave the example password hashing in
as a footnote on that page?

Josh

Сообщение: Re: Explanation of pg_authid.rolpassword
Сообщение: Re: Explanation of pg_authid.rolpassword