Re: xmin when linked tables are updated?

От Fred Parkinson
Тема Re: xmin when linked tables are updated?
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Hiroshi

>Does the connection string change after a refresh?
I can verify from my table that 'lost' xmin, that the connection string as exposed by Access has not changed.

But what's worse, this morning I tried to reproduce the problem, about 8 times, but refreshing with the linked table manager no longer disappears the xmin column!
I tried this on 3 different linked tables, and in spite of all I could do with the linked table manager I could not make xmin disappear again!

Sometimes I think I don't understand computers.

Fred
>>> "Inoue, Hiroshi" <h-inoue@dream.email.ne.jp> 10/21/2016 6:48 AM >>>
> Hi Fred,

On 2016/10/21 0:43, Fred Parkinson wrote:
Hiroshi, thank you for all the good work you do on the postgres odbc drivers, they make my life easier.

>When refreshing linked tables, is Row Versioning still checked?
Row versioning is selected in the File DSN (data source name) of the Windows ODBC Data Source Administrator, so using the Access Linked Table Manager has no effect on that.

>What connection strings do you see using linked table manager?
Here is one from a table that 'loses' xmin after linked table manager refreshes the link:
ODBC;DRIVER={PostgreSQL Unicode};DATABASE=planning_services;SERVER=198.31.87.25;PORT=5432;CA=d;A6=;A7=100;A8=4096;B0=255;B1=8190;BI=0;C2=dd_;CX=1bd01bb;A1=7.4-1;TABLE=public.policies

Thanks.
Though I'm testing refreshLink using DAO, I can't reproduce the behavior.
Does the connection string change after a refresh?

I just noticed that xmin is not lost after a refresh when the driver is PostgreSQL ANSI.

Hmm strange, I can't think of suspicious points immediately.
regards,
Hiroshi Inoue

От: "Tsunakawa, Takayuki"
Сообщение: Re: DIAG [HY000] server closed the connection unexpectedly
От: Vincenzo Turturro
Сообщение: Problem in using PostgreSQL ODBC driver with VBA