Re: efficient data reduction (and deduping)

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: efficient data reduction (and deduping)
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Alessandro Gagliardi <alessandro@path.com> wrote:

>   hr_timestamp timestamp without time zone,

In addition to the responses which more directly answer your
question, I feel I should point out that this will not represent a
single moment in time.  At the end of Daylight Saving Time, the
value will jump backward and you will run through a range of time
which will overlap existing entries.  There is almost never a good
reason to use TIMESTAMP WITHOUT TIME  ZONE -- TIMESTAMP WITH TIME
ZONE is required if you want the value to represent a moment in
time.

-Kevin