Re: Why does WAL_DEBUG macro need to be defined by default?

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: Why does WAL_DEBUG macro need to be defined by default?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> The funny thing is that I've been thinking all of these months
> about how convenient it is that we defined WAL_DEBUG in debug
> builds
IMO, --enable-debug should not do anything but include debugging
symbols.  The ability to get a useful stack trace from a production
crash, without compromising performance, is just too important by
itself to consider conditioning any other behavior on it.
-Kevin

От: Alex Hunsaker
Сообщение: Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Force strings passed to and from plperl to be in UTF8 encoding.
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: Why does WAL_DEBUG macro need to be defined by default?