Re: PostgreSQL with Zabbix - problem of newbe

От: Kevin Grittner
Тема: Re: PostgreSQL with Zabbix - problem of newbe
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

PostgreSQL with Zabbix - problem of newbe  (Krzysztof Kardas, )
 Re: PostgreSQL with Zabbix - problem of newbe  (Grzegorz Jaśkiewicz, )
  Re: PostgreSQL with Zabbix - problem of newbe  (Merlin Moncure, )
   Re: PostgreSQL with Zabbix - problem of newbe  (Robert Haas, )
    Re: PostgreSQL with Zabbix - problem of newbe  (Richard Yen, )
   Re: PostgreSQL with Zabbix - problem of newbe  (Greg Smith, )
    Re: PostgreSQL with Zabbix - problem of newbe  (Merlin Moncure, )
     Re: PostgreSQL with Zabbix - problem of newbe  (Scott Mead, )
 Re: PostgreSQL with Zabbix - problem of newbe  (Greg Smith, )
 Re: PostgreSQL with Zabbix - problem of newbe  (Greg Smith, )
  Re: PostgreSQL with Zabbix - problem of newbe  (Scott Marlowe, )
  Re: PostgreSQL with Zabbix - problem of newbe  (Merlin Moncure, )
   Re: PostgreSQL with Zabbix - problem of newbe  (Scott Marlowe, )
    Re: PostgreSQL with Zabbix - problem of newbe  (Krzysztof Kardas, )
     Re: PostgreSQL with Zabbix - problem of newbe  (Krzysztof Kardas, )
      Re: PostgreSQL with Zabbix - problem of newbe  (Grzegorz Jaśkiewicz, )
       Re: PostgreSQL with Zabbix - problem of newbe  (Krzysztof Kardas, )
      Re: PostgreSQL with Zabbix - problem of newbe  ("Kevin Grittner", )

Krzysztof Kardas <> wrote:

> synchronous_commit = off

> This caused a monumental performance jump. From a machine that is
> utilized on 100%, machine is now sleeping and doing nothing. I
> have executed some sqls on huge tables like history and all has
> executed like lightning. Comparing to MySQL, PostgreSQL in this
> configuration is about 30 - 40% faster in serving data.
> Housekeeper is about 2 to 3 times faster!!!!

If you have a good RAID controller with battery backup for the
cache, and it's configured to write-back, this setting shouldn't
make very much difference.  Next time you're looking at hardware for
a database server, I strongly recommend you get such a RAID
controller and make sure it is configured to write-back.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear that things are working well for you now!

-Kevin