Re: 8.5 development schedule

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: 8.5 development schedule
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> The beta preparation is dealing with all open issues, which is
> different than the focus of the commit-fest.  Ideally we would be
> addressing those open/bug issues during normal development, but for
> the hard problems seem to linger and then we have to deal with them
> during beta preparation, which can take 1-2 months.
Is there any way to move some of that work up into the earlier commit
fests?  (I'm afraid I still don't have my head around exactly what
sorts of issues are addressed in this phase.)
By the way, I hope that nobody is taking any of my observations or
questions as criticism or complaint.  It seems pretty obvious that the
process currently involves a fair amount of frustration and pain for
all involved, and I'm trying to brainstorm to help.  Don't think for a
minute that I forget or fail to appreciate the tremendous work you do,
along with that done by everyone else.
-Kevin

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: 8.5 development schedule
От: Merlin Moncure
Сообщение: Re: 8.3 PLpgSQL Can't Compare Records?