Re: Storing HTML: HTML entities being rendered in that raw form

От Marco Colombo
Тема Re: Storing HTML: HTML entities being rendered in that raw form
Дата
Список pgsql-general
linnewbie wrote:
> On Apr 9, 1:00 pm, st...@blighty.com (Steve Atkins) wrote:
>> On Apr 9, 2009, at 9:27 AM, linnewbie wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>> I have stored HTML in a text field that I subsequently render on the
>>> web.  However when I retrieve and render this data on the web I  am
>>> getting the entities being rendered in their raw form, ie, instead of
>>> getting the '&' symbol when '&' is stored  I'm getting the 'raw'
>>> '&'.
>>> I would be grateful if anyone can point out how I can get around this.
>> It's a problem in your code, not the database. You're probably
>> escaping it one time to many or unescaping it one time too few.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>    Steve
>>
>> --
>
> To clarify, I am not escaping the string in any way.
>
> Say the page I am saving the database is the about us page form a
> company website.
> First, make a from to create the about us page in a  text area field,
> then I copy the
> html from my text editor and past it ino this text area from.  I then
> have a cgi script which
> takes the contents from the text area field and stores it in the
> database.
>
> What I have on disk would be:

> which would usually be rendered as:
>
> Bonnie & Clype
>
> but this is not happening, it's being rendered
> as:
>
> Bonnie & Clyde

That's because, as someone else suggested, something is quoting the &.
In order to be rendered 'Bonnie & Clyde' by the browser, it needs to be
'Bonnie &amp; Clyde' in the HTML (just view the HTML source from inside
the browser).

You haven't provided any detail on the rendering phase, BTW.

.TM.