Re: pgsql: Remove GIST concurrency limitations section.

От Christopher Kings-Lynne
Тема Re: pgsql: Remove GIST concurrency limitations section.
Дата
Re: pgsql: Remove GIST concurrency limitations section.  (Oleg Bartunov <oleg@sai.msu.su>)
Список pgsql-committers
> - <para>
> -  The current implementation of <acronym>GiST</acronym> within
> -  <productname>PostgreSQL</productname> has some major limitations:
> -  <acronym>GiST</acronym> index access is not concurrent, and the
> -  <acronym>GiST</acronym> interface doesn't allow the development of
> certain
> -  data types, such as digital trees (see papers by Aoki et al).
> - </para>
>
> AFAIK the GiST modifications suggested Aoki have not yet been
> implemented, so this should not have been removed.

I thought that was an extremely vague limitation and could easily be
removed...  It's like having a limitations section on btrees and have
mentioning in passing that it can't do full text indexing or something.

Chris