Re: Sub-optimal plan chosen

От bricklen
Тема Re: Sub-optimal plan chosen
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 8:43 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
bricklen <bricklen@gmail.com> writes:
> Is there any other data I can provide to shed some light on this?

The table and index definitions?

The straight indexscan would probably win if the index column order
were ofid, date instead of date, ofid.  I can't tell if you have
any other queries for which the existing column order is preferable,
though.

                       regards, tom lane

Changing the order of the WHERE predicates didn't help. The indexes are mostly defined as single-column indexes, with the exception of the "statsdaily_unique_idx" one:

statsdaily_id_pk PRIMARY KEY, btree (id)
statsdaily_unique_idx UNIQUE, btree (date, idaf, idsite, ofid, idcreative, idoptimizer)
statsdaily_date_idx btree (date)
statsdaily_ofid_idx btree (ofid)
statsdaily_ofid_sept2009_idx btree (ofid) WHERE date >= '2009-09-01'::date