creating users

От Klaas Talsma
Тема creating users
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello,

I've just installed postgresq  6.3.2.8 and its running.
however whenever i try to create a user i get the following message:

[postgres@gizmo postgres]$ createuser
Connection to database 'template1' failed.
PQexec() -- Request was sent to backend, but backend closed the channel
before responding.  This probably means the backend termina.
createuser: database access failed.

i have no idea what is wrong, and i dont seem to be able to find the
solution in the documentation.

I know it is running because a ps grep gives me the following results

[postgres@gizmo postgres]$ ps -ax | grep postmaster
13923  ?  S    0:00 /usr/bin/postmaster -p 5432 -S -o -F
[postgres@gizmo postgres]$

Anyone who had this problem to and know how the fix it, please let me know

Thanks in advance,

Klaas Talsma
kltalsma@xs4all.nl
Tel/Fax. 0518 412060
http://www.xs4all.nl/~kltalsma/
ICQ: 20190939

“Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that you
do it.”
—Mahatma Gandhi.