Primary DB stuck becuase of unavailable standby (synchronized streaming) - please help

От Sofer, Yuval
Тема Primary DB stuck becuase of unavailable standby (synchronized streaming) - please help
Дата
Re: Primary DB stuck becuase of unavailable standby (synchronized streaming) - please help
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

I am using Postgres DB with stand by database, configured with streaming in synchronized mode (each commit on primary DB waits for commit on secondary DB).

Sometimes we suffer from network issues and as consequences, secondary machine is not available.

In these situations, our application is stuck and do not respond anymore, since no confirmation comes from the secondary Postgres (obviously… it is down or unavailable….).

Is there any parameter that I can use, to enable recovering from hanging on until someone of us re-establish connection to secondary DB?
Maybe some configuration parameter that sets the time interval for being stuck because of unavailable secondary Postgres?

Please help,

Thanks,

Yuval Sofer
BMC Software