Re: Restarting with pg_ctl, users, and passwords.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Restarting with pg_ctl, users, and passwords.
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
"Matthew Pettis" <matthew.pettis@gmail.com> writes:
> I've created a database and can log into it and do stuff with the
> tables using psql.  However, I have a CGI app that wants to call the
> database (all on the same machine), but gets a 'FATAL: Ident
> authentication failed for user "postgres"' error.  now, while logged
> onto my Linux user account 'postgres', I can psql into my database
> without having to provide a password.

If you want to switch to using password authentication, you'll need to
modify your postmaster's pg_hba.conf configuration file, which is
evidently currently set up for ident authentication.  Read the "Client
Authentication" chapter of the manual ...