Re: pl/pgsql feature request: shorthand for argument and local variable references

От Joel Jacobson
Тема Re: pl/pgsql feature request: shorthand for argument and local variable references
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jan 6, 2022, at 19:03, Pavel Stehule wrote:
> The possibility to define a label dynamically is a better solution (not by some buildin keyword),
> because it allows some possibility for the end user to define what he prefers.

I'm trying to understand why you think a user-defined notation is desirable,
why it wouldn't be better if the SQL standard would endorse a notation,
so we could all write code in the same way, avoiding ugly GUCs or PRAGMAs altogether?

If "in." would work, due to "in" being a reserved SQL keyword,
don't you think the benefits of a SQL standardized solution would outweigh our
personal preferences on what word each one of us prefer?

/Joel