Re: UTF8 national character data type support WIP patch and list of open issues.

От MauMau
Тема Re: UTF8 national character data type support WIP patch and list of open issues.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
From: "Martijn van Oosterhout" <kleptog@svana.org>
> As far as I can tell the whole reason for introducing NCHAR is to
> support SHIFT-JIS, there hasn't been call for any other encodings, that
> I can remember anyway.

Could you elaborate on this, giving some info sources?

> So rather than this whole NCHAR thing, why not just add a type
> "sjistext", and a few type casts and call it a day...

The main reason for supporting NCHAR types is to ease migration from other
DBMSs, not requiring DDL changes.  So sjistext does not match that purpose.

Regards
MauMau

Сообщение: Re: UTF8 national character data type support WIP patch and list of open issues.
Сообщение: Re: UTF8 national character data type support WIP patch and list of open issues.