Re: Need Help Recovering from Botched Upgrade Attempt

От Sam Mason
Тема Re: Need Help Recovering from Botched Upgrade Attempt
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 08:48:41AM -0700, Rich Shepard wrote:
>   while I'm glad to learn more than I knew before how to go about
> making backups and upgrading the PostgreSQL installation, having folks
> telling me all I did incorrectly is not as helpful to me as guidance on
> getting the cluster correctly transferred from the 8.1.4 version to the
> 8.3.3 version. My readings and research obviously did not sufficiently
> educate me on the proper process.

What I'd try doing is this: find a 8.1 version of PG (8.1.4 or later)
and run this against the data you saved off, once this is running you
can then run 8.3's version of pg_dump against it, then you can restore
this dump into the new version of PG.

  Sam

Сообщение: Re: Correct pg_dumpall Syntax
Сообщение: Re: Correct pg_dumpall Syntax