Re: curious regression failures

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: curious regression failures
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:

> There might be another way to manage this, but we're not inventing
> a new invalidation mechanism for 8.3.  This patch will have to be
> reverted for the time being :-(

Thanks.  Seems it was a good judgement call to apply it only to HEAD,
after all.

In any case, at that point we are mostly done with the expensive steps
of vacuuming, so the transaction finishes not long after this.  I don't
think this issue is worth inventing a new invalidation mechanism.

--
Alvaro Herrera                  http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/5ZYLFMCVHXC
"La victoria es para quien se atreve a estar solo"