Re: Triggers inherited?

От Bertram Scharpf
Тема Re: Triggers inherited?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

Am Freitag, 23. Feb 2007, 07:10:06 +0000 schrieb Richard Huxton:
> Bertram Scharpf wrote:
> >it is very inconvenient for me that triggers aren't inherited:
>
> Foreign keys too (which are a special type of trigger of course).
>
> >Is this behaviour to be implemented at any point of time in
> >the future? Could it be advisible to write the patch? Or is
> >it just too easy to emulate it?
>
> If you have the time and skills, I think many people would be interested
> in a patch to handle this.

I successfully wrote some patches to `plruby' and to
`ruby-postgres'. Seems that I have to give it a try. Don't
expect too much too near.

Anyhow: Thank you very much for the tip. At least I know I'm
not the only one thinking about these things.

Bertram

--
Bertram Scharpf
Stuttgart, Deutschland/Germany