Re: BUG #2459: psql 8.1.4 vs 8.0.x behaves differently with tty

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: BUG #2459: psql 8.1.4 vs 8.0.x behaves differently with tty
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Silvio Macedo wrote:
> In this case, I think users upgrading from 8.0.x to 8.1. should be
> warned.(think interfacing with old software, no source available,
> "upgraded" to PGSql via messy console stub scripts)
>
> Users uncomfortable with writing down the password on a PGPASSWORD
> environment var or pgpass.conf, ___*on the machine running PSQL
> client*___, seem to have no solution then... I know - something to ask
> in pgsql-general.

This change is actually new in 8.1.4.  It was not in 8.1.3, and the
8.1.4 release notes mention it:

    * Fix problem with password prompting on some Win32 systems (Robert
      Kinberg)

Not sure what more we could do.  Since you are the first person to
notice a problem, we probably had it at the right level of prominence.

--
  Bruce Momjian   http://candle.pha.pa.us