Re: SIGSEGV happens over once a day

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: SIGSEGV happens over once a day
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, May 11, 2006 at 12:07:04PM -0700, Richard Yen wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm experiencing signal 11 (segmentation fault) failures on the
> master node of a 3-node Slony-I cluster.  In the past week, we've
> averaged a little more than one segfault per day (11 times in the
> past 10, including today).  Any ideas what's going on?
>
> Would anyone know how to track this issue?

Best thing to do is:

- Make sure your postgres is compiled with debug info, either in the
binary or split out.
- Enable core dumps prior to starting the postmaster.
"ulimit -S -c unlimited" should do it.

When it crashes next you should get a core file in the data directory.
Run: gdb /path/to/postmaster /path/to/corefile
Type: bt
and post the result. That should pin-point it.

Have a nice day,
> From each according to his ability. To each according to his ability to litigate.

Вложения