Re: Simplifying wal_sync_method

От Mark Wong
Тема Re: Simplifying wal_sync_method
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 19:27:35 -0500
"Jim C. Nasby" <jnasby@pervasive.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 08, 2005 at 07:45:38PM -0400, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> > So the short answer is possibly "You build the tests and we'll run 'em."
>
> Would some version of dbt2/3 work for this?

Yeah, trying...  On the larger system I'm using I'm not seeing much of a
performance difference but I'm looking for a way to see if we can
identify any benefit to bypassing the kernel cache.  I've been
re-arranging disks due to failures and trying to tweak a couple of
profiling things, but I'll try to get some data to share within a few
days.

Mark