initdb 'no such file or directory' error

От Ian Oxley
Тема initdb 'no such file or directory' error
Дата
Список pgsql-cygwin

Hi

I am having trouble running initdb on Cygwin/Windows XP Pro: the error I am getting is as follows:

$ initdb –D /home/pgdata

The files belonging to this database system will be owned by user "postgres".

The database cluster will be initialized with locale C.

creating directory /home/pgdata... ok

creating directory /home/pgdata/base... ok

creating directory /home/pgdata/global... ok

creating directory /home/pgdata/pg_xlog... ok

creating directory /home/pgdata/pg_clog... ok

cp: cannot stat ‘/dev/null.exe’: no such file or directory

Having searched the lists I cannot seem to find anything relating to this last line: cp: cannot stat ‘/dev/null.exe’: no such file or directory

Any help that anyone can provide would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Ian