Re: Integrating libpqxx

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Integrating libpqxx
Дата
Re: Integrating libpqxx  ("Christopher Kings-Lynne" <chriskl@familyhealth.com.au>)
Список pgsql-hackers
OK, I have added this to our CVS under interfaces/libpqxx.  I have not
migrated over the CVS history.  If we have questions about the code, we
know who to ask.  ;-)

Libpqxx still needs to be integrated:The 'configure' tests need to be merged into our main configureThe documentation
needsto be merged into our SGML docs.The makefile structure needs to be merged into /interfaces.

Jeroen, do you have PostgreSQL CVS access yet?  If not, we need to get
you that.

Jeroen T. Vermeulen wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 12, 2002 at 04:04:36PM -0400, Neil Conway wrote:
> >
> > Otherwise, if you put the code into src/interfaces/libpqxx and modify
> > the PostgreSQL build system to be aware of it (as well as removing
> > libpqxx's autoconf stuff), it shouldn't be too difficult.
>
> One concern I have on this point is that not all platforms are going to
> be able to build libpqxx.  Also, there'd have to be a lot of C++ stuff
> in the existing config.h which I guess was meant to be C.
>
> Anyway, I found I'm not much good with automake and so on.  I'm trying
> to merge the two configure.ins, but I feel I must be missing a lot of
> details.
>

> Jeroen

> TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Pennsylvania19026