RE: [HACKERS] pg_dump not in very good shape

От Ansley, Michael
Тема RE: [HACKERS] pg_dump not in very good shape
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>> And a pg_dump that cores trying to dump someone's database is *not*
>> a "minor" problem.
No, I didn't mean minor when it happens, I meant minor to fix.  Sorry.  Of
course it's serious for the user.

>> So I'm leaning towards leaving the pg_dump code as-is and fixing the
>> limitation in pqexpbuffer.
Yes, this is the correct solution.  What's the best way? To check the
incoming string lengths for anything aproaching or greater than 1kB and
slice it up from there?

MikeA