Re: [SQL] Can we convert from Postgres to Oracle !!???

От Steve Atkins
Тема Re: [SQL] Can we convert from Postgres to Oracle !!???
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Oct 21, 2006, at 6:48 PM, Berend Tober wrote:

> Devrim GUNDUZ wrote:
>> On Tue, 2006-10-17 at 14:21 +0530, Sandeep Kumar Jakkaraju wrote:
>>
>>> Can we convert from Postgres to Oracle !!???
>>>

>> Yes!!???
>>

> But of course, that begs the question: Why on earth would you want
> to!!???

Sale of enterprise software into companies that have already paid
for Oracle, built the infrastructure and have (Oracle) DBAs to handle
tuning, HA and so on.

Adding postgresql into that mix is a hard sell. Enterprise software
that can support both postgresql and oracle backends is a much
easier sell (even into those places that end up using postgresql).

Cheers,
   Steve

Сообщение: Re: Wordpress & PostgreSQL ...
Сообщение: Re: Wordpress & PostgreSQL ...