Re: Request for portability test of strerror().

От Pete Forman
Тема Re: Request for portability test of strerror().
Дата
Список pgsql-ports

Bernd Tegg writes:
> QNX 4.25: errno = 0 after strerror(-1) returned "Unknown error"
> (egcs-2.91.66 using watcom 10.6 QNX specific libs)

I'll modify the question then.  Does any version of strerror() return
a non-NULL pointer to a garbage string?

The proposed modifications to the PostgreSQL code would be to remove
references to sys_nerr and print both the error number and its text,
if available.  Testing against sys_nerr is probably redundant anyway
as most calls to the routines will be with a valid errno.  If anyone
feels strongly about keeping sys_nerr it should be tested for by
configure and not with the OS-specific ifdefs in the code.
--
Pete Forman                    -./\.- <mailto:pete.forman@westgeo.com>
Western Geophysical              -./\.-          <tel:+44-1234-224798>