bdr global sequence not initialized

От Vu Nguyen
Тема bdr global sequence not initialized
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I install patched PostgreSQL 9.4.1 with BDR 0.9.0, and set up a BDR group of
2 linux hosts, each has 4 replicated databases.  Global sequence is enabled
(whose configuration is added in postgresql.conf).

When I insert new records into any of 4 databases in the first host (created
via bdr.bdr_group_create), all get replicated to the second host (created
via bdr.bdr_group_join).

In reverse, when I insert new records into any of 4 databases in the second
host, data are only successfully replicated to 3 out of 4 databases.  From
the database where failures occur, I observe this error:

# select nextval('table_id_seq');
ERROR:  global sequence public.table_id_seq is not initialized yet
HINT:  All nodes must agree before the sequence is usable. Try again soon.
Check all nodes are up if the condition persists.

Here are current BDR status:

[first host]# select node_name, node_status from bdr.bdr_nodes;
 node_name | node_status
--------------+-------------
 first            | r
 second        | i

[second host]# # select node_name, node_status from bdr.bdr_nodes;
 node_name | node_status
 first            | r
 second        | r

I'd like to ask for suggestions on how to troubleshoot and recover from this
situation.

Thank you.