Re: Master-Master replication

От Ricardo Esteves
Тема Re: Master-Master replication
Дата
Список pgsql-cluster-hackers

Ok, basically  i have a two VMs, one VIP controlled by Red Hat Cluster Suite, so what i wan't is that both VMs have PostgreSQL replicated and both can read/write, if VM1 goes down, the VIP is loaded on VM2 and all operations keep going automatically.

-----Original Message-----
From: Greg Sabino Mullane <greg@endpoint.com>
To: Ricardo Esteves <maverick.pt@gmail.com>
Cc: pgsql-cluster-hackers@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [pgsql-cluster-hackers] Master-Master replication
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2013 10:44:17 -0400

On Wed, Oct 09, 2013 at 09:59:23PM +0100, Ricardo Esteves wrote:
> Can someone tell me what's the best option for master-master replication on
> PostgreSQL?

There is no "best", it depends on what your definition of master-master is,
for one thing. As mentioned, Bucardo is one option. pg-pool might be another
one, as well as rubyrep. They all have their pros and cons, so you would
need to explain your use case. Bucardo is probably the one closest to
the traditional MySQL-like master-master.

В списке pgsql-cluster-hackers по дате отправления: