should encoding names be quoted in error messages?

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема should encoding names be quoted in error messages?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Encoding names are currently sometimes quoted (encoding \"%s\"),
sometimes not (encoding %s).  Which one should we settle on?

In favor of quoting is that we do this for everything else.  But since
the possible encoding names are known in advance, we know we don't have
to do the quoting to avoid ambiguities.

Opinions?