Re: Quick-and-Dirty Data Entry with LibreOffice3?

От planas
Тема Re: Quick-and-Dirty Data Entry with LibreOffice3?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Rich

On Mon, 2011-09-26 at 11:38 -0700, Rich Shepard wrote:
Rather than writing an application right now to enter data into a table I
thought of trying LibreOffice as a front end. But, it doesn't seem to work
as OO.o did. This leads to two questions:

   1)  Can someone show me how to use LO as a front end to a postgres table?

2)  Is there another tool suitable for a linux box for some data entry
work?

Rich

Which version of LO are you using and which Linux? I have some experience with using LO as a front-end when pgAdmin is not the best tool.

I have noticed that with Ubuntu you need to use the 3.3.x series from the repository. There is pg connector for LO 3.3.x in the repository. Getting 3.4.x to connect is more of a pain in Ubuntu. I think the correct driver is libreoffice-sdbc-postgresql.

The steps I use are
1 Open Base and select connect to an existing database.
2 Scroll down to postgresq and select (it will be there if the correct driver is present)
3 On the next screen you will need to enter the connection information (dbname = ????, host = ////)
4 On the next screen enter your user information
5 On the next screen I usually enter the defaults
6 You should be in Base.

--
Jay Lozier
jslozier@gmail.com