Re: Some more walsender "metadata"

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: Some more walsender "metadata"
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 2011-02-02 at 14:26 +0100, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> Attached patch adds some more "metadata" to walsender results:
>
> * Adds the current xlog insert location as a third column in IDENTIFY_SYSTEM
> * Adds a resultset at the start of a base backup that contains the
> start xlog location (as returned by do_pg_start_backup)
> * Adds a resultset at the end of a base backup that contains the end
> xlog location (as returned by do_pg_stop_backup)
>
> These are all information that's interesting for the "log receiver"
> version of pg_basebackup (the changes to BASE_BACKUP) and the
> pg_streamrecv program (the IDENTIFY_SYSTEM) once integrated.
>
> I still haven't had the time to clean up those programs enough to
> submit as a patch yet (it has progressed past that early post from a
> month ago or so, but isn't done yet), but I wanted to make sure that
> the backend parts gets reviewed and added as soon as possible. And
> they're also quite trivial. That way if I don't find time to clean up
> the streaming mode receiver in time for 9.1, it can be maintained
> outside of the main tree until 9.2 - but the small backend changes
> would still be required.

These things seem like subsidiary items to your other work, so they
should be part of 9.1.

I'd like to make a complete set of changes for this release, rather than
wait another year.

-- Simon Riggs           http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/books/PostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Training and Services

От: Aidan Van Dyk
Сообщение: Re: ALTER EXTENSION UPGRADE, v3