Re: Assertion failure on hot standby

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: Assertion failure on hot standby
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 2010-11-26 at 17:53 +0200, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
> Hmm,
> looking at the code, we also allow RowShareLock and RowExclusiveLock
> in
> the standby. You can't actually insert/update/delete tuples or set
> xmax
> as SELECT FOR SHARE does on standby, though, so why do we allow that?

It was considered sensible to allow PREPARE on DML on a standby, which
required those lock levels. Archives...

-- Simon Riggs           http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/books/PostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Training and Services

От: Heikki Linnakangas
Сообщение: Re: Assertion failure on hot standby
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: libpq/Makefile cleanup abandoned