Re: foreign keys for array/period contains relationships

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: foreign keys for array/period contains relationships
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On mån, 2010-10-25 at 17:57 -0700, Greg Stark wrote:
> Well if you lock multiple records then it's not clear what operations
> you should conflict with. Removing any one of them wouldn't actually
> invalidate the foreign key reference unless you remove the last one.
>
> I always assumed this was why we require the unique constraint at all.

I did mention that you would need an exclusion constraint in some of the
cases, to get an effect analogous to unique constraints.

Сообщение: Re: Range Types, discrete and/or continuous
Сообщение: Re: Range Types, discrete and/or continuous