Re: max_standby_delay considered harmful

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: max_standby_delay considered harmful
Дата
Re: max_standby_delay considered harmful  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 2010-05-12 at 07:10 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:

> I'm not sure what to make of this.  Sometimes not shutting down
> doesn't sound like a feature to me.

It acts exactly the same in recovery as in normal running. It is not a
special feature of recovery at all, bug or otherwise.

You may think its a strange feature generally and I would agree. I would
welcome you changing that in 9.1+, as long as your change works in both
recovery and normal running.

Сообщение: Re: max_standby_delay considered harmful
Сообщение: Re: max_standby_delay considered harmful