Re: DB is slow until DB is reloaded

От Brad Nicholson
Тема Re: DB is slow until DB is reloaded
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Mon, 2010-01-04 at 20:02 -0800, Craig James wrote:
> +Madison Kelly wrote:
> > You are right, autovacuum is not running after all. From your comment, I
> > am wondering if you'd recommend I turn it on or not? If so, given that I
> > doubt I will upgrade any time soon, how would I enable it? I suppose I
> > could google that, but google rarely shares gotcha's. :)
>
> Most of the pain of a Postgres upgrade is the dump/reload step.  But you've already had to do that several times, so
whythe hesitation to upgrade?  Upgrading Postgres to the latest release, even if you have to do it from the source
code,takes almost no time at all compared to the time you've already burned trying to solve this problem.

Actually, the biggest pain going beyond 8.2 is the change to implicit
casting.

> Do the upgrade, you won't regret it.

Agree.

--
Brad Nicholson  416-673-4106

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: forced sequential scan when condition has current_user
От: "Fernando Hevia"
Сообщение: Re: forced sequential scan when condition has current_user