Re: Hot standby, RestoreBkpBlocks and cleanup locks

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: Hot standby, RestoreBkpBlocks and cleanup locks
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 2009-01-15 at 18:16 +0200, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
> Simon Riggs wrote:

> Is the first really useful? I would understand "advance until next
> cleanup record *that would block/kill queries*", but why would you
> want to advance until the next cleanup record?

Minor difference there, but noted.

> Anyway, if it is useful, you could do the pausing in
> XactResolveRecoveryConflicts, too.

Well that spreads code around that was previously fairly tight, which
I'm not that happy with but I'll do as you suggest. We need to crack on
now.

I want to keep the feature at least until we have some serious feedback
in the beta phase that it isn't necessary. Usability is close behind
correctness and robustness.