Re: RAID + PostgreSQL?

От Franz.Rasper@izb.de
Тема Re: RAID + PostgreSQL?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
If you need so much performance and space you will need an external storage extensions (how about SAN)
or HP ML 570 G4 (up to 18 hpt plug SFF Drives) with Intel 7041 CPUs ?

Greetings,

-Franz
-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Alex Turner [mailto:armtuk@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 4. Juli 2006 04:10
An: Franz.Rasper@izb.de
Cc: smarlowe@g2switchworks.com; pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Betreff: Re: [GENERAL] RAID + PostgreSQL?

Of course if you really want good performance, 6 drives is a little light, and U320 is definatley not the way to go as you are limited to 320MB/sec per channel (an the DL380 comes with all drives on one channel) (not that you could saturate that with only 6 drives in RAID 10 anyway).  Given that this chap has 13 disks already, a DL380 is probably not what he is looking for.  Consider SAS for better performance.

Alex