Re: pgxml & xpath_table

От John Gray
Тема Re: pgxml & xpath_table
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> John Gray <jgray@azuli.co.uk> writes:
> > This is the reason why xpath_table allows you to specify an
> > identifying field  (usually a primary key but doesn't have to be)- the
> > solution to your question is to join an xpath_table that just fetches the
> > document number against the primary key, e.g.:
>
> John, do you think anything could be done in the pgxml documentation to
> make this usage pattern clearer?

Yes - I'll write a doc patch for this and include an example like this
by way of demonstration - I notice now that this particular feature
(which I went to some lengths to incorporate in the code!) is completely
undocumented. I'll also consider whether another function with different
behaviour in this situation is possible or helpful.

Give me a few days...

Regards

John