Re: tab completion for prepared transactions?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: tab completion for prepared transactions?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Was there a designed-in reason not to have psql tab completion for
> COMMIT/ROLLBACK PREPARED ...?  It does complete the "PREPARED" but not
> the transaction identifiers.  Maybe it's not a common use case, but
> these transaction identifiers sure can be nontrivial to type.

Hmm, what's the use scenario?  I would think that painfully long
gxids would come from some XA manager software, which would be
responsible for committing or canceling them.  Manual override
of that would usually be a bad idea.

In short, there's probably no "designed-in reason", but it's not
clear to me that it's worth the code & maintenance effort to have
tab completion for that.