Re: Queries sometimes take 1000 times the normal time

От Rod Taylor
Тема Re: Queries sometimes take 1000 times the normal time
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
> With regards to other jobs on the server, there is a MySQL server on it
> as well, which from time to time has some multi-second queries generated
> from a webserver also on this host, but the MySQL is running with nice
> 10 (PostgreSQL isn't nice'd).

Do those MySQL queries hit disk hard?

I've never seen PostgreSQL have hicups like you describe when running on
a machine by itself.  I have experienced similar issues when another
process (cron job in my case) caused brief swapping to occur.

Вложения